Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Time To Head Home

Today we had to get up early and make sure the last of our stuff was packed.  We then had an early breakfast at the hotel.  After breakfast we gave our room one last check for stuff that we missed packing and brought our bags out to the lobby to heck out then wait for the shuttle to bring us to the airport.  I was once again surprised at how far away the airport was from the city.
When we weighed our bags at the check-in we had to take 2 back and rearrange things from one bag to the other to make one light enough and another heavier.  We got through customs no problem and we got the passport stamp for France there.
Disney had a play area for the kids in the waiting area as well as a couple PS3 systems to play.  The wait did not seem very long at all as Anniek was occupied.  We also stopped at the duty free store and got a couple things.  Getting onto the plane was different also.  You go outside to a bus that brings you to the plane, then you go up the stairs outside of the bus and your on the plane.
Once again they upgraded us to the option plus and we got a pair of ear phones, a free comfort kit, the adults got wine and we all got free snacks when they came around.  On the plane Anniek was well behaved and didn't bother with any of the stuff in the bag I had packed again, just like she told me.  Anniek slept, played, watched the movie and kept me from sleeping.  I watched a movie had some wine and a rum and coke as I had a coupon for a free one on the plane, I tried to sleep but Anniek kept bugging me, so I put her in the middle between me and Joanne and got some rest.
When we arrived even though we were in the air for over 7 hours the time was only a couple hours different from the time we left at.  Joann texted my Mom when we landed.  We breezed through customs as there was actually no line!!!  We had to wait longer for the bags then we had to at customs.  We then got through baggage check quickly and without getting stopped.  We called for a shuttle when we got outside and they told us where to catch it and Joann texted my Mom again to let her know that we were waiting for the shuttle, my Mom was shocked we were through customs and the baggage check so quickly.  The car was already waiting for us when we got back to where the car was and we packed up the car and headed back to London.

No comments: