Friday, September 28, 2012

Back to the Doctors

Anniek's fever was down until yesterday afternoon when she suddenly got the shakes again and I felt her and gave her a dose of Tylenol. So her fevers came back not even 24 hours after we left emerge. This morning I had an appointment so my Dad watched Anniek. When she got up she was limping and saying her leg hurt, but I had to leave before the doctors office started answering the phones so my Dad called the doctor and made an appointment for Anniek in the afternoon and asked my Mom if she could drive me. So by the time the appointment came in the late afternoon Anniek could barely walk and did not like putting weight on legs and it hurt to carry her. The doctor looked at her and said that the throat swabs came back and she has strep throat and she just could have a complicated case of strep throat. She gave me the antibiotic prescription and told me to give her all 3 doses tonight and if she is not better in 24 hours to bring her in. I had the prescription faxed to the pharmacy so it could just be picked up and called on the way home to make sure that they got it and it would be ready. She has had 2 so far and she is not better...3 tomorrow before 24 hours up I feel in my gut she won't be but hope she is better by the time it reaches 24 hours.

No comments: