Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Fevers and Doctors

Well...I said in the last post about it being a while because not much has happened but now she is sick. First off on yesterday Anniek complained of a sore throat before school and I said that she can still go to school with a sore throat but if she starts feeling worse I will pick her up. I get a call from the After School Program about 10 minutes after they get her...she is asleep and feels warm so can I come pick her up...I picked her up brought her home and I have no Tylenol so I called to get some delivered. I look in her backpack and read her communication bag...the teacher wrote a note about how Anniek is not herself...not sure WHY they did not call me to pick her up from school. I get the Tylenol delivery and give her some she goes to sleep...in my bed cuz she is sick. I go to bed later and wake up to her shaking from the chills, I check her temp 104.7...WOW!!! I give her more Tylenol and it came down so back to bed morning comes and it is up again so I call the Family Doctor and they said to come right in and they did a Strep Throat swab that you get the results right away (they were negative) and one that the cultures take 48 hours to come back. So waiting for the results back and hoping that her fevers get better.

1 comment:

ButterflyEffect said...

I haven't seen you guys in so long, I am sorry to hear that Anniek has been sick :( That is quite the temp.
I hope she is back to feeling healthy and enjoying school!