Thursday, January 31, 2013

General Surgery

Good News!!!  General Surgery decided that Anniek's G-Tube is not yet in need of being relocated!!!  They would like to see her back in another year to recheck it and see if it needs to be done then and they will see her sooner if she is in pain from the G-Tube.  It really depends how much she grows.  The General surgeon also said that she needs to gain weight (as she is hovering around 40lbs).  He also said that it would be good for her to see Genetics, I told him we are on the wait list to see them and he said that he feels that she might have something genetic just like the GI doctor though.  I am a little bit disappointed that we were not referred to Genetics sooner and am hoping that we get a date soon for Genetics.
After the appointment with General Surgery we walked over to the Canadian Blood Services building as Anniek's grandfather was donating plasma.  She got a big surprise as my brother was also donating too.  So instead of Grampa driving her to school like was planned she wanted her Uncle to drive her to school.  So my Dad moved the car seat over to my brother's car for him (my brother was still donating) so that my brother could bring Anniek to school.  She was VERY pleased about that.

No comments: