Friday, July 18, 2008

April 2007

In April 2007 Anniek was admitted into the hospital with aspiration pneumonia, while we were there we got to have an appointment with the GI doctor seeing as we were waiting to get an appointment with him because of Anniek’s throwing up problem that she has had off and on since she was a baby. He sent his student in to get all the information and I told the student the formula and that the formula was gluten free & lactose free as well as giving her all the information that she wanted. The next day the Advanced practice nurse from the cardiologists office came in and told me to not let the GI doctor tell me that Anniek has a certain condition because there is no such thing. Later in the day the GI doctor came into the room with the student and the student tells the GI doctor and myself that she thinks that Anniek has this condition that I was already warned there was not such thing or Celiac (which she couldn’t have because her formula is gluten free) or is lactose intolerant (formula is lactose free)! It seemed like she did not know what she was talking about. I would have much preferred her to say that she didn’t know what was causing the throwing up instead of making up a problem or coming to the conclusion that it was something that it couldn’t be just because it runs in my family!

No comments: