Friday, July 18, 2008

Victoria Day

On Victoria Day 2007 Anniek was running around at my grandparents and she tripped and fell. She got a cut in her forehead big enough to need stitches so we had to bring her into the hospital. I told the nurses that she would need to have Antibiotics because she is a heart baby before she got the stitches done. We were seen very quickly but I was very annoyed when the student doctor told me that she didn’t think Anniek would need them! I told her that I was told by Toronto that she would and that she had to have the antibiotics to just get her ears pierced, so why would she not need them for the stitches. The student doctor then paged Anniek’s cardiologist to find out if Anniek needed the antibiotics or not and after he confirmed that she did she put an order in for them. I find it so annoying when people think that they know things and they don’t. Parents know their child best and know what the doctors have told them that their child needs!

No comments: